Cheaha Challenge Gran Fondo
Century, ULTRA, & Time Trial
(And Chief Ladiga Cruise Family Ride)
Saturday & Sunday
May 15 & 16, 2021
1. Where is registration? Where is packet pickup? Where is the NEABA booth?
Inside Pete Mathews Coliseum, in the lobby, and the NEABA booth will relocate to the main tent after the ride starts.
2. Where are the bathrooms? Porto-potties? Showers?
Bathrooms – Portopotties are located outside near the start/finish chute. Bathrooms and showers are located inside Pete Mathews Coliseum.
3. Where is the pre-ride party this year?
The pre-ride party is held at the main tent at Pete Mathews Coliseum on Saturday, May 15 from 5 – 8 p.m. Buffet is catered by Effina’s of Jacksonville/Anniston. There will be vegetarian and gluten-free options. Cost for riders and non-riders is $10/each.
4. Where is the START? FINISH?
The Start/Finish is located at the main entrance (northside) of Pete Mathews Coliseum, 775 Park Ave NW, Jacksonville, AL. There are huge towers and banner marking the Start/Finish.
5. What time is the start of the Challenge/ULTRA?
6. What time is the start of the Cruise?
7. Do riders have to line up a certain way?
Yes. Line Up Instructions To Be Announced.
8. What time/where is breakfast?
Breakfast is from 5:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. under the main tent, the great big white one, on the northside of Pete Mathews Coliseum. Included in your event fee. Free for all!
9. What time/where is the post-ride party?
Lunch/Dinner is served buffet-style from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m., catered by Cooter’s Rib Shack. Cost is free for riders, $10/each for non-riders. Vendors can purchase meal tickets when they register. Volunteers eat free.
10. Can non-riders eat lunch/dinner?
Yes, for a $10 fee.
11. Can Volunteers eat the buffet on Sunday?
12. Where/when is the pre-ride devotional service?
The brief pre-ride prayer service is at 7 a.m. inside Pete Mathews Coliseum.
13. Are there any cutoffs?
Yes, there are three cutoffs on our routes.
12 noon (Miles 42.9) - There is a cutoff for Century/ULTRA riders at Cheaha State Park (Rest Stop #4). Riders will not be allowed to go on to Adam’s Gap (Rest Stop #5) past 12 noon. Riders will be directed to leave Rest Stop #4 and head back to Jacksonville.
1:00 p.m. (Mile 55.4) - For ULTRA riders, they will not be allowed to turn from 281 onto Cheaha Road after 1 p.m.
4 p.m. (Mile 96.9) – For ULTRA riders, they will not be allowed to turn from Hwy 9 onto Choccolocco Road after 4 p.m.
14. Where do I pick up my UCI medal? Where do I pick up my event medal?
The UCI medals will be at the awards table next to the podiums. The event medals will be at the Finish Line.
For Additional Information Contact Us:
Brooke Nelson, Ride Director
P.O. Box 2414
Anniston, AL 36202